Schedule 1-on-1 Coaching with Learners Chess Coaches
One quick note: Please do not share this page publicly, as it is only for families who have signed up. If you are here and haven't signed up yet, please do so here.
- Computer, tablet, or smart device with reliable Internet access and Zoom app downloaded.
- When signing up, be sure to indicate what you'll want to work on during the 1-on-1 session.
- When the meeting happens, you'll need to be able to share your screen with the coach so that they can watch you:
- play chess and coach you through a game.
- solve puzzles and coach you through solving harder puzzles that you are stuck on.
- this should be able to be done with the zoom app on any desktop, laptop, or smart device.
- Coaches may share their screen and go to a game you have already played on chess dot com or lichess dot org and review it with you and point out your mistakes.
- Please only schedule one meeting with a Coach at a time, and at the end of each meeting, the coach can give some homework and recommend when you should schedule your next meeting.
Click the Coach's name to schedule a one-on-one coaching session:
- Coach Victor (Founder, Executive Director, Chief Organizer, and Lead Coach of Learners Chess. Strong chess player.)
- Coach Trevor (Long time Learners Chess Coach, current full time coach, and highly rated chess player)
- Coach Willow (Former Learners student. Experienced chess coach, organizer, and tournament director, and multiple time Girls State Champion in NM)
- Coach Kyle (long time Learners Chess Coach, highly rated chess player, co-founder of Learners' Mindfulness teachings)
- Coach Quinn F. (former Learners student, experienced chess coach and very high rated player)
- Coach Jeremy (former Learners student, experienced coach in Learners camps and Learners Without Borders Program. Current college student at Oberlin College. Also teaches music a bit.)
- Coach Andrew (former Learners Student, experienced coach in Learners' camps and Learners Without Borders Program. One of the strongest chess playing chess coaches in the L @ Home Program)
- Coach Tim (Strong player and Mission Ave Chess Coach)
- Coach Xavier (current coach at Marie Hughes and Chamiza)
- Coach Ethan (current coach at Marie Hughes and Chamiza)
Coach Jared (multiple year summer chess camp coach and current member of ABQ Academy State Championship Chess Team)
Coach Quinn E. (regular volunteer coach in Learners' camps, former Learners Without Borders volunteer and current member of ABQ Academy State Championship Chess Team)
- Learn and Play Crazyhouse, Bughouse, and other Chess Variants with Richard Crump (youth chess mentor, former Learners student, current 8th grader, strong chess player: average rating online is 1400, multiple time winner of Learners' online tournaments)